Wednesday 3 September 2014

We Can't Deliver Milk in our #Gourmet Baskets?!

You have to be careful sometimes, when language becomes a barrier.

So yesterday we had an order for a fruit & chocolate basket going to a patient in the University Hospital in Saskatoon (as an aside, I always get a kick out of sending gifts to my old home town. You never know, I might know the recipient!)

But back to the point, we were trying to send the following item:


In the description, I put "Fruit basket, with milk & dark chocolates".

Sounds simple enough, until I get this reply...

"We don't do milk in our fruit baskets".

O.K.

Lesson learned to provide a full description of "milk chocolates AND dark chocolates".

And to imagine the look on the patient's face if a gift basket arrived with a carton of milk.

Too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment