Saturday 27 September 2014

#Randy Bachman "Taking Care of Business"

Happy 71st Birthday today, Randy Bachman.


I grew up with BTO (that's Bachman Turner Overdrive for you youngun's).  They were the headliners at my first live concert in 1975 back in my hometown of Saskatoon.

Wow...39 years ago!

They had some some great songs, but one of my all time favourites is "Takin' Care of Business".

The lyrics became my inspiration to take my degree in Commerce. To use my knowledge and start my own business. Eventually it led to my owning my first flower shop.


You get up every morning
From your 'larm clock's warning
Take the 8:15 into the city
There's a whistle up above
And people pushin', people shovin'
And the girls who try to look pretty
And if your train's on time
You can get to work by nine
And start your slaving job to get your pay
If you ever get annoyed
Look at me I'm self-employed
I love to work at nothing all day

And I'll be
 Taking care of business (every day)
Taking care of business (every way)
I've been taking care of business (it's all mine)
Taking care of business and working overtime.

What's this about taking a train at 8:15? Get to work by 9:00? Must be talking about a government worker!

By 9:00 this self-employed business owner has already been at work for two hours!

Taking care of business and working overtime. It's like the 35 hour work week...it's just a dream.

Try the life of the self-employed, at 60 hours plus!

Ah the life of a Canadian florist...we love to work at nothing all day?!

Thanks Randy! I guess I missed that part...

No comments:

Post a Comment