Thursday 25 September 2014

#AnniversaryFlowers from Morticum?

My wife is great on the phone. Calm, friendly, concerned with detail, she's everything you want when it comes to customer service.

But she does have a hearing problem.

This morning, it lead to funny consequences when taking a phone order for flowers and balloons in Red Deer.

First, the card message was to read "thank you for 27 wonderful years...Morticum".

Given the unusual name of the sender, Dale asks how to spell Morticum.

The sender is confused, but spells it out anyway.

More to come.

Now that's funny. Dale was laughing so hard, I had to come from down the hall to check out what was happening.

But it gets even better.

The sender orders a dozen roses in a gift box, plus our anniversary balloon package of 6 latex balloons with 2 mylars.


Dale wanted to know the sentiment on the two mylars.

"Would you like Happy Anniversary...and I Love You"?

Now this customer was quick.

His response?

I love you too, but these are for my wife.

Finally, it gets to the end of the order, and Dale asks for the method of payment.

"I already put my wallet away. Since you love me, I thought you would pay for it."

If only every flower order had its LOL moments like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment