Monday 27 October 2014

A & W #CustomerServiceFail

So I got my coupon package in the newspaper the other day. We're not big on coupons at Simon Says Roses, as we've had little success.

But this coupon had a set of offerings from A & W, the big international restaurant chain.

Between the coupons & the tv ads for "hens fed from a vegetarian diet", I though I would check it out this morning to try their bacon & eggs breakfast.

It sounded like a heck of a deal...2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, 2 pieces of toast...all for only $2.99! And from hens that don't eat meat!?
What a deal!


Oops.

Big mistake.

I was third in line to place my order.

The first customer was told they had no eggs(!), so they were not serving breakfast.

The second customer wanted a burger & fries (at 10:30 in the morning!), but was told they had no fries & would he like hash browns instead?

As I was waiting to place my order, a Manager was returning with a bag from the local grocery store (the restaurant & the grocer are in the same mall).

I had my fingers crossed.

Could it possibly be that she went & bought some eggs?

Maybe some frozen french fries?

No such luck.

She opened the bag and pulled out two litres of half & half cream (I guess they ran out of the little individual cups of coffee cream as well).

What would it take to buy & some eggs &/or frozen fries...WHEN YOU WERE ALREADY AT THE GROCERY STORE???

I don't get it.

This is somebody's idea of customer service?

CustomerServiceFail is more like it.

They've incurred the cost of printing & distributing the coupon...have lured me into the restaurant...and now I feel used & abused.

I settled for a small coffee instead of a proper breakfast, and stewed over this blog post before deciding what needed to be said.

Thanks for wasting my time...but first impressions last forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment