Friday 18 October 2013

Thank you for calling Simon Says Roses...Frank Speaking...

So it's Friday afternoon, and the phone rings.

I answer the phone in my usual way.

"Thank you for calling Simon Says Roses...Frank speaking."

The reply?

F**k off !!!

I didn't know how to respond.


There must have been 10 seconds of silence.

I finally blurted out "hello", not sure of what the caller might say next.

Was this a harassment call? An obscene caller? Someone upset about their flower order?

Nope.

He thought he was getting a pre-recorded voice message.

 WOW.

Now I've been told I have a "radio voice", but to think my greeting was a pre-recorded voice message?

And then to be told my two favourite words of all time?

I warned the sender I was posting this on my blog...but I'll not provide his name...to protect the "innocent".

Heck of a way to start my weekend, I'll have to admit...


No comments:

Post a Comment