Monday 3 September 2012

I have a bad case of flower envy...

I have to admit I'm a floral nerd.

Most people go to Vegas for the shows, the gambling, the pools, and of course the summer heat. Generally, Vegas is known for its glitz & glamour.

But in my mind, I prefer the style & class on display at the Bellagio Hotel.


 I always go to the Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, because their flower displays blow me away every time I go. It may be flower envy, but I prefer to think of it as my inspiration as a florist.

It's not only one of the largest hotels in Vegas with over 3900 rooms, it also has the famous hourly fountain display, home to the world's largest chocolate fountain, and the largest of the Cirque du Soleil shows, with "O" seating 1800 people for each performance.

So you get the idea. The hotel is large, famous, and classy.

But from a florist's perspective, what really makes the Bellagio stand out are the flower and plant displays.

Where else can you go to to see a framed living flower mural, looking like a 3-D picture?

And one of my favourites, this gorgeous display of Asiatic lilies, roses, and calla lilies randomly displayed on a table in a sitting area.

Even the plant display is fabulous. I looked hard, but could not find a single dead bloom on any plant!

The displays are totally changed for the Holidays, Chinese New Year, spring, summer, and fall. And according to their website at http://www.bellagio.com/attractions/botanical-garden.aspx  they employ 140 horticulturists to maintain these immaculate displays throughout the year.

Now that I've had my dose of inspiration, it's time to incorporate these ideas into our displays of flowers in Canada at Simon Says Roses Florists & Gifts!





No comments:

Post a Comment